Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Excuse My Nostalgia.

One of my favorite procrastination tools involves looking through all the old pictures on my computer and taking myself back to my senior year, one of the most pivotal times of my life. The second half of that year, I found friends that became my family (cliche and mushy, this post is full of it. Sorry. Not sorry.) I had known some of them throughout high school, but during this year, we all kind of came from our different groups and began hanging out every day until we realized how weird and fun and similar we all were. The boys became my brothers, and I loved having boys to go to for anything, literally. We called them just to go grocery shopping with us, we'd help them pick out clothes at the mall, we went to waffle house at 2 am, we laughed until we cried, we went running every night, and we had deep talks. This year, I have realized how lucky I am to have had this group of friends and the most perfect summer I could have asked for.  While I've always been jealous of people who have kept friends from their childhood, I have had so many people tell me how jealous they are of our tight-knit, psycho group. And I couldn't be happier.

One of the few things holding me back from deciding to go on my 8-week Summer Project  to Santa Monica this summer was this group.  I know that we would all go out again every single night and do all of our favorite, weird things, and after being the only one away at school this whole year, I didn't want to be the awkward one missing out on everything again while everyone else just grew closer.  But God has shown that he has different plans.  Erik is actually spending May in Uganda on a mission trip, so keep him in your prayers! Gookin is preparing to join me at UA next year :) :) :) :) Caleb is coming home from his job training in Virginia for the Marines, Jaclyn is graduating, Kira is payin' the bills, and Lucas... who knows ;) I am looking forward to treasuring the month I have with them before I do actually leave, and the short time after, before we all start our separate lives again.

So basically, this lil post is just to introduce you to some of the most important people in my life. Here's some vids I found on my computer a few days ago that never cease to make me lol.. a lot.







p.s... not sure why we take videos EVERYTIME we hang out, but I sure hope we don't stop. Wigs, you guys <3

love, p.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment